Dressed to sell
Selling your house is one of the biggest things you will ever have to do. First impressions count and can make or break a sale. So it’s important to prepare your most valuable asset. Here are a few tips to maximise your success:
De-clutter: Probably the best advice is to remove clutter so prospective buyers can easily imagine themselves living in your home. Maintenance and more maintenance: It’s important to tidy lawns and clean gutters, touch up peeling paintwork, move or store old furniture, and above all, keep your home looking and feeling comfortable as opposed to ‘lived in’.
Get a stylist: Many vendors now choose to employ the services of a professional stylist to ensure their homes look picture perfect for a sale. Professional house stylists often urge homeowners to tone down interior flourishes- such as doilies, silk flowers, or carpets on top of carpets – in favour of a neutral and minimalist look. Method of Sale: There are three popular methods of selling your home. We will work with you to determine the best one for you and your property. Methods of sale include:
- Private Treaty (Sale)
- Public Auction
- Public Tender
- Thoroughly clean and de-clutter your property.
- Hire a stylist – the money spent will be well worth it.
- Obtain a strata report.
- Have the Contract for Sale prepared by your solicitor or conveyancer.
- Obtain a certificate from the Local Council if you have recently undertaken major building works.
- A survey of the land and buildings is also advisable.
- List everything that will be included in the purchase price and remaining at the property after completion.