Our dedicated sales team are here to mitigate the stress associated with selling your property. We are dedicated to giving you the best advice and quality service, and will advise you of the most effective way to market your property – whether it’s auction, private treaty (or sale) or expressions of interest.
What you will receive is personalised service, well-proven experience and a tailored marketing campaign designed to achieve maximum interest in and a superior price for your property, at the least possible expense for you.
Our sales team will coordinate all marketing of the property, inspections and implementation of all legal and contractual requirements. Additionally, we will help you in preparing your property for sale. It’s why we have well-established relationships with a range of consultants and trades people, including stylists, detailers, landscape gardeners, painters and handymen.
At Charles & Stuart, our commitment to the industry and knowledge of the residential market is second to none. What sets us apart are our people, and the combination of cutting-edge technology, specialised capabilities, experience and good, old-fashioned values – all of which enable us to create the most effective marketing solution for your property and, in turn, achieve the best possible result.
Methods of Sale
At Charles & Stuart, we create each marketing strategy individually, according to the needs of our vendors, the location and style of property and, of course, the market.
We will discuss all these factors with you and advise you on which method we feel will be most effective in selling your home.
Selling property by auction is widely recognised as a fast and highly efficient method of selling and achieving a premium price for your property. It also gives vendors much greater control over all aspects of the selling process, which ensures you retain greater peace of mind during what is one of the most important stages of your life. We tailor each auction campaign to suit the specific requirements of your home, working with you at each stage of the process to ensure a seamless and successful transaction is secured.
Uniquely, Charles & Stuart does not put every property to auction. We recognise there are many additional costs associated with auctions and that the returns don’t always ‘stack up’.
Key benefits of auction include:
- Fixed marketing budget
- Maximum exposure to the market: A targeted marketing campaign is intended to saturate specific buyers in the market.
- Set inspection times
- Creating a sense of urgency for prospective purchasers: And the fixed marketing period still allows them ample time to complete their own enquiries and arrange finance
- Contract of sale will be on your terms: Conditions of the sale are predetermined
- Obtaining a result on auction day while still retaining the option to sell prior
- No cooling off period: Once contracts have been exchanged, the purchaser is locked into the purchase of your property – there’s no cooling off period as with private treaty
- Choice of ‘in rooms’ and ‘on site’ auctions: The location of an auction can depend on the style of property. For example, waterfront homes or properties with spectacular views are well suited to on site auctions.
We understand there are properties, which do not benefit from auction and in such cases private treaty may be the way to achieve the best result for you, the vendor. Under private treaty, your home is placed in our hands as exclusive agents for an agreed period of time with a predetermined asking price. Benefits of selling by this method include:
- More time to consider offers on your property: private treaty is most suitable if you’re not in a hurry to sell your home and you’re willing to wait until a buyer comes along who is prepared to pay the asking price
- Not tied to a full campaign: this can mean a speedier sale for your property
- Possibility of achieving a higher price through a negotiation process: this means the under bidder is not in a position to affect the final outcome
- Frequently a less expensive marketing option
- As vendor you are able to alter the terms of sale
Expressions of interest
This method of sale involves marketing the property without a set asking price, and there is a set closure date by which time all interested parties must register their interest. It avoids the risk of incorrect pricing as well as obtaining genuine buyer feedback as to the likely value of the property – i.e. what the market would pay at that time.
It is a discreet method of sale and is ideal for special properties and/or high profile vendors. There is also a reduced sense of urgency due to the lack of open competition, and most offers are conditional and can be subject to considerable negotiation prior to a sale being achieved.